Customer Success Manager
The Customer Success Manager is the Lex Machina product expert that helps our customers get the most value out of our offerings. They partner with our customers via trainings, demos, and meetings as a trusted advisor to make sure they successfully onboard and then adopt Lex Machina.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Proactively managing, protecting, and growing revenue of Lex Machina from existing customers within an assigned territory/set of accounts.
- Developing and executing a defined account management strategy that drives retention, renewal, adoption, and growth.
- Successful implementation of customer and trial onboarding (including product set-up, id troubleshooting, training, etc.), enhanced support, on-going maintenance and training, usage analysis and usage driving activities of assigned Lex Machina customer accounts.
- Deliver a superior customer experience for Lex Machina and thereby support the businesses’ NPS and renewal goals.
- Create programs which are designed to help Lex Machina users get the most value from Legal Analytics by identifying opportunities and strategies to improve their business, drive action, and achieve results by using Lex Machina’s data-driven insights
- Understand user’s business needs/expectations and goals so deeply that everything the CSM does is about helping them achieve/exceed those goals
- Meet or exceed monthly and annual sales and retention goals through targets revenue/growth opportunities within an assigned territory/set of accounts.
- Develops and implements a detailed strategic account management plan to demonstrate how to maximize those revenue opportunities.
- Optimize Customer Lifecycle Plan to maximize revenue growth and retention by developing tactics/approaches that will drive the model.
- Manage existing customer relationships and implement programs and tools to drive retention, revenue growth, and upsell opportunities.
- Identifies key contacts and decision makers within a customer organization and develops strong relationships with those contacts.
- Owns the relationship with the customer and is responsible for the overall health/status of the relationship.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education from accredited institution
- 5 years successful account management, sales, customer training or equivalent experience, working with complex legal solutions.
- Experience with driving technology adoption, usage, and engagement.
- Experience with renewing, negotiating contracts, and closing business.
- In depth understanding of law firm and in-house operations and trends affecting the legal marketplace.
- Ability to create presentations and present materials to an executive level audience using both written and verbal communication skills
Ability to build strong customer relationships.
- Strong business acumen to understand the impact of decisions on the customer base as measured by the Net Promoter Score performance.
- Strong organizational skills and problem solving.
- May require local or overnight business travel up to 20%.
- Domain expertise in legal processes preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve service-related issues.
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team and across the organization matrix to achieve group and organizational goals.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with matching, short and long term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and more.
California or Oregon
Lex Machina emerged from the Stanford Law School and Computer Science department. The company is part of LexisNexis, a leading information provider and a pioneer in delivering trusted legal content and insights through innovative research and productivity solutions, supporting the needs of legal professionals at every step of their workflow. By harnessing the power of Big Data, LexisNexis provides legal professionals with essential information and insights derived from an unmatched collection of legal and news content—fueling productivity, confidence and better outcomes. Our customers are among the most reputable large law firms in the world, as well as corporations whose name everyone recognizes. We have been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, LA Times, and many more!
How to Apply:
Please apply online at https://relx.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/LexisNexisLegal/details/Customer-Success-Manager—Lex-Machina_R40267.
Lex Machina is an equal opportunity employer. Employment here is based solely upon merit and qualification for the job. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, or other characteristics protected by law. We will also make all reasonable efforts to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act.