This is an opportunity to contribute domain expertise as a Legal Data Expert – Trademark, Copyright & Internet Law at a cutting-edge legal technology company. Lex Machina created the field of “Legal Analytics” and is the fast-growing market leader for law firms and Fortune 500 companies who want to use data to guide their legal decision making.
Lex Machina has an opening for an experienced litigator interested in Legal Analytics datasets for federal district court. We need an avid Legal Data Expert – Trademark, Copyright & Internet Law to maintain the integrity of high value datasets, contribute to public-facing communications, and provide thought leadership. This role will also include responsibilities around developing new datasets such as consumer class action related to false advertising and international IP modules.
- High value datasets:
- Analyze rulings in federal district court
- Work on an integrated product development team with engineers and other legal experts
- Become an authority on Lex Machina’s trademark, copyright, and internet law data
- Adopt responsibilities for data integrity and innovation of new features
- Contribute to bringing Legal Analytics to new areas of trademark, copyright, and internet law
- Customer communication:
- Act as a liaison for our customer success team when sophisticated user questions arise around data and Legal Analytics
- Provide prioritized feedback to the product team about new features and improvements given customer feedback and shifts in the practice of trademark, copyright, and internet law
- Thought leadership:
- Identify strategic opportunities to showcase Lex Machina’s unique trademark, copyright and internet datasets
- Coordinate with the Lex Machina marketing team to create trademark, copyright, and internet litigation focused content, webinars, and blog posts
- Champion Lex Machina’s Legal Analytics by presenting at conferences and publishing articles
- Juris Doctor degree (JD)
- Intensive knowledge of US trademark, copyright, and internet law including substantive law and litigation procedures in US federal district courts
- 3+ years in a law firm or other professional services
- Motivated self-starter with a strong interest in data analysis
- Highly organized and can work independently to drive projects to completion
- Tech savvy with the ability to quickly learn new skills
- Interest in writing database queries (e.g., SQL queries) to develop a deep understanding of Lex Machina’s data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Admitted to practice law in the United States preferred
- Experience with working on a remote/virtual team is a plus
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with matching, modern family leave including 14 weeks of paid time off for new children, short and long term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and more.
This position is available in our Menlo Park, CA office or remote.
How to Apply
Please apply online at: https://relx.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/LexisNexisLegal/job/Home-based-California/Legal-Data-Expert—Trademark–Copyright—Internet-Law_R49891
Lex Machina is an equal opportunity employer. Employment here is based solely upon merit and qualification for the job. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will also make all reasonable efforts to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act.