The Sales Development Representative is responsible for driving & assisting new business revenue and POS through the sale of Lex Machina products, services and content within assigned accounts or territory.
- Meet or exceed monthly and annual sales goals
- Identifies and qualifies opportunities, develops a pipeline of viable opportunities and effectively manages the pipeline with the account team, including timely follow up of all leads and advancing leads through selling process to close
- Prospect for new business through a high volume of cold calling, emailing, and following up with prospects as previously identified.
- Learn, understand, and apply the Lex Machina value proposition and our world-class business processes.
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of Lex Machina products, content and solutions including the ability to articulate competitive differentiators and our value proposition
- Ability to identify and communicate effectively with key contacts within a customer’s organization
- Collaborates with other Lex Machina sales team members to secure new business; Provide input in conjunction with account team on development of Marketing plans and programs to maximize goals.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years proven experience generating new business sales, preferably in a business to business environment
- Experience with heavy prospecting activities, including but not limited to high volume cold-calling, social-media prospecting, email-based marketing campaigns, etc.
- Self-driven, motivated and results oriented with new business sales or hunter mentality
- Strong new business prospecting, selling, negotiating and closing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively partner and collaborate across teams.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with matching, modern family leave including 14 weeks of paid time off for new children, short and long term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Lex Machina is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, and as part of its remote-friendly work environment accepts applications from candidates located anywhere.
How to Apply
Please apply online at https://relx.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/LexisNexisLegal/details/Sales-Development-Representative_R51299.
Lex Machina is an equal opportunity employer. Employment here is based solely upon merit and qualification for the job. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will also make all reasonable efforts to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act.