We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our NLP / algorithms team. The NLP team is responsible for the quality and accuracy of the data that drives the Lex Machina product. The team develops and maintains systems that extract entity information from court-filed metadata and PDFs which is then clustered and inter-linked to provide customers a unified view of each attorney, law firm, party, and judge’s activity across all supported courts. In addition to improving the reliability, performance, and robustness of these systems, this individual will also build new NLP systems that expand and enhance product functionality.
Qualified candidates will have 2+ years of experience in a senior role and should have a strong track record building successful products, with an emphasis on the back-end. Ideal candidates will have:
- Modern Java (version 8 or later) experience developing, debugging, and deploying applications / services
- SQL and RDBMS design and query experience
- Experience and interest in practical performance optimization of polyglot systems
- Solid command of Unix
- Python (including Pyramid, SQLAlchemy, Celery)
- NLP, information extraction, and/or machine learning
- Elasticsearch querying
Compensation & Benefits:
- We offer competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with matching, modern family leave including 14 weeks of paid time off for new children, short and long term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We are a Java and Python shop, deploying in GCE (Google Compute Engine). Our RDBMS is Postgres and we also have a large Elasticsearch cluster. Engineers choose their hardware/development environment tooling, etc.
This position is available in Menlo Park, CA or Dallas, TX.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at https://relx.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/LexisNexisLegal/job/Menlo-Park-CA/Senior-Software-Engineer_R18233-1.
Lex Machina is an equal opportunity employer. Employment here is based solely upon merit and qualification for the job. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will also make all reasonable efforts to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act.