Ideal for a bright, self-starting candidate looking to gain experience and build upon your career path. In this position, you will be exposed in depth to a high-profile, fast growing, Silicon Valley company working directly with and learning from the company’s CEO and Management Team.
A Typical Week:
- 1:1 with CEO re communications, research and special projects
- Assist with CEO agendas, travel, filing
- Ordering Monday catered meals for team meeting – a great opportunity to get creative
- Maintaining all areas for supplies (includes office & kitchen)
- Assist Ops Manager with special projects, tracking, filing, some correspondence
- Attend weekly All Hands Meetings where all aspects of the company are discussed (great for new folks to learn useful & practical info about who we are, what we do, and how we do it)
- Upon demonstrating good skills and performance, add role of Project assistant for the LexisNexis LegalTech Accelerator Program and also for company events including annual “All Hands Retreat”
- Learn in highly respected company from industry leaders
- Work under the impressive Global footprint of LexisNexis
- Lunches provided every Monday and every other Friday
- Stocked kitchen with beverages and snacks
- Located in downtown Menlo Park, easily accessible by Caltrain
- Dependable, Positive and Flexible
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently, often with multiple projects at the same time
- Willingness to track your work and progress in a transparent working environment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Willingness to give and receive feedback
- Schedule ideally will include working Tuesday and Sunday evenings with the CEO when he is not traveling
- Understands and maintains confidentiality
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with matching, short and long term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Lex Machina emerged from the Stanford Law School and Computer Science department. The company is part of LexisNexis, a leading information provider and a pioneer in delivering trusted legal content and insights through innovative research and productivity solutions, supporting the needs of legal professionals at every step of their workflow. By harnessing the power of Big Data, LexisNexis provides legal professionals with essential information and insights derived from an unmatched collection of legal and news content—fueling productivity, confidence and better outcomes. Our customers are among the most reputable large law firms in the world, as well as corporations whose name everyone recognizes. We have been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, LA Times, and many more!
Upon acceptance of this role, the selected internal candidate will be required to sign an updated Non-Competition Agreement or Non-Solicitation and Non-Disclosure Agreement as a condition of continued employment.
How to Apply:
Lex Machina is an equal opportunity employer. Employment here is based solely upon merit and qualification for the job. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, or other characteristics protected by law. We will also make all reasonable efforts to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act.