This position has been filled.
Lex Machina provides Legal Analytics to companies and law firms, enabling them to craft successful litigation strategies, win cases, and close business. We are the pioneers of Legal Analytics and our award-winning product is used by global corporations such as Google, eBay, Yahoo!, IBM, and Nike, as well as prominent law firms like Wilson Sonsini, Fish & Richardson, Greenberg Traurig, and Latham & Watkins. We launched Lex Machina in 2011 for patent litigators and are now expanding Legal Analytics to all areas of the law with the help of LexisNexis, our parent company. In joining us, you will help us answer: What really happens when companies and people end up in court?
Use your understanding of product design, users, and analytics to improve the Lex Machina flagship product as we bring Legal Analytics to all areas of the law. As a member of our tight-knit product and engineering team, you will work with in-house legal experts, customers, engineers, and our design team to integrate new legal content and improve our analytics.
- Design and build new product features, working closely with our engineers
- Understand and advocate for customer needs through a combination of customer interviews, feedback from in-house legal experts, and usage metrics
- Roll out new legal practice areas and data, working closely with our legal experts
- Prioritize and manage various projects across the product and engineering team, from new customer features to improvements to internal tools to user research
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills; you are detail-oriented and follow through
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in a team-oriented workplace
- Ability to thrive in a self-motivated, startup-style environment, where you will interact with all parts of the company
- Enthusiasm for making software that customers love to use
- Enthusiasm for the legal field and legal analytics
- Proven history of shipping products built by cross-disciplinary teams
- Experience analyzing data with spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets), SQL, or Python
- Experience interviewing users
- JD or work experience at a law firm
- Academic background in Computer Science, Design, Economics, Statistics, or another analytical or creative field
Compensation, Benefits, and Location
- Competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with matching, short and long term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and more
- This position is available in our Menlo Park, CA office headquarters
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
Lex Machina is an equal opportunity employer. Employment here is based solely upon merit and qualification for the job. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, or other characteristics protected by law. We will also make all reasonable efforts to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act.