Legal Analytics for Clark County District Court
Clark County District Court is the largest general jurisdiction court in Nevada, serving more than 2.1 million citizens in the Las Vegas area. Lex Machina’s Legal Analytics for Clark County District Court provides valuable data-driven insights and trends into the unique characteristics of this important state court.
How We Work
Lex Machina gathers raw information from state court cases, including downloading millions of state court documents to present the most comprehensive and accurate data possible. We clean, tag, code, enhance, and present the resulting data in a way that makes it easy for you to quickly access insights and grasp trends that are relevant to the legal matter you’re working on.
How We Help
Whether you’re simply searching for a case or looking for more in-depth analytics, you can investigate a party’s litigation track record, assess a law firm’s experience in similar cases, observe patterns in judicial decisions, examine the range of damages awarded at trial or search docket entry text.
Advantages of state court analytics include:
- Analyzing the record of a specific judge, law firm, attorney, or party
- Understanding key timing analytics
- Reviewing previous trial resolutions, trial damages, and trial rulings for case strategy
- Keyword searching within docket entry text and downloaded documents
- Viewing analytics across all state courts or in one particular court
- Court-specific filters such as case types and case tags
Lex Machina helps you answer questions such as:
- What is the median time to trial and time to termination in cases with Judge Cory presiding?
- How much experience does the opposing law firm have in this venue? Has the firm ever taken a case to trial here, and if so, what was the resolution?
- Has an opposing attorney ever appeared in a case before Judge Bare? If so, how many were Construction Defect & Contract cases?
- How many Torts cases have been awarded damages by a jury verdict? Which cases are those and what were the damages in each case?
Unique Clark County Litigation Data
Lex Machina allows users to filter by the following information in order to find the most relevant cases:
- Case Types – Torts, Construction Defect & Contract, Judicial Review, Real Property, Civil Writ, Business Court, Other Civil
- Case Tags – Trial, Jury
- Trial Damages – General Damages (Judgment on the Merits), General Damages (Jury Verdict), Attorneys’ Fees / Costs
- Trial Rulings – Jury Verdict, Bench Trial, Default Judgment, Other Judgment
- Trial Resolutions – Plaintiff Win, Defendant Win, Likely Settlement, Procedural