Legal Analytics for Harris County
As part of the Houston metropolitan area, Harris County courts are important venues for Texas state court litigation. Lex Machina’s Legal Analytics for Harris County includes two modules: Harris County Court and Harris County District Court. Lex Machina provides valuable data-driven insights about judges, law firms, individual attorneys, and parties in state courts. Thus, practitioners can search for meaningful information from one court, both Harris County Courts together, or across all state offerings.
About the System
Lex Machina gathers raw information from state court cases, including downloading millions of state court documents to present the most comprehensive and accurate data possible. The company cleans, tags, codes, enhances and presents the resulting data in a way that makes it easy for users to quickly access insights and grasp trends that are relevant to the legal matter they’re working on. Whether simply searching for a case or looking for more in-depth analytics, practitioners can investigate a party’s litigation track record, assess a law firm’s experience in similar cases, observe patterns in judicial decisions, examine the range of damages awarded at trial or search docket entry text.
Features of state court analytics include:
- Searching by judge, law firm, attorney name or party
- Timing analytics, trial resolutions, trial damages and trial rulings
- Keyword searching within docket entry text and downloaded documents
- Viewing analytics across all state courts or in one particular court
- Court-specific filters, such as case types and case tags
Lex Machina helps you answer questions such as:
- What is the median time to trial and time to termination in cases with Judge Kovach presiding?
- How much experience does the opposing law firm have in this venue? Has the firm ever taken a case to trial here, and, if so, what was the resolution?
- How many Contract cases have been awarded damages by a jury verdict? Which cases are those and what were the damages amounts?
- Has an opposing attorney ever appeared in a case before Judge Hawkins ? If so, how many were Employment cases?
Unique Harris County Litigation Data
Lex Machina allows users to filter by the following information in order to find the most relevant cases:
- Harris County District Court Case Types – Contract, Employment, Real Property, Tax, Injury or Damage, Other Civil, Related to Criminal Matters, Multi-District Litigation (MDL)
- Harris County Court Case Types – Contract, Real Property, Tax, Injury or Damage, Appealed from Lower Court, Other / Legacy / Administrative, Related to Criminal Matters
- Case Tags – Order re: Summary Judgment, Jury
- Trial Damages – General Damages (Judgment on the Merits), General Damages (Jury Verdict), Attorneys’ Fees / Costs
- Trial Rulings – Bench Trial, Jury Verdict, Default Judgment, Consent Judgment, Other Judgment