Legal Analytics for San Bernardino County Superior Court
The vast majority of cases in the United States are litigated in state courts and San Bernardino County Superior Court is an important venue for California state litigation, serving over two million people in Southern California. Lex Machina’s Legal Analytics for San Bernardino County Superior Court provides valuable data-driven insights and trends into the unique characteristics of this state court.
About the System
Lex Machina gathers raw information from state court cases, including downloading millions of state court documents to present the most comprehensive and accurate data possible. We clean, tag, code, enhance, and present the resulting data in a way that makes it easy for you to quickly access insights and grasp trends that are relevant to the legal matter you’re working on. Use Lex Machina to find in-depth analytics for state court, including investigating a party’s litigation track record, assessing a law firm’s experience in similar cases, observing patterns in judicial decisions, examining the range of damages awarded at trial, or searching docket entry text.
Features of state court analytics include:
- Searching by judge, law firm, attorney name, or party
- Timing analytics, trial resolutions, trial damages, and trial rulings
- Keyword searching within docket entry text and downloaded documents
- Viewing analytics across all state courts or in one particular court
- Court-specific filters, such as case types and case tags
Lex Machina helps you answer questions such as:
- What is the median time to trial in cases with Judge Pacheco presiding?
- How much experience does the opposing law firm have in this venue? Were any cases taken to trial, and if so, what was the resolution?
- Has an opposing attorney ever appeared in a case before Judge Sachs? If so, were any of the cases complex as defined by CRC 3.4?
- How many Torts (Vehicle) cases have been awarded trial damages by a jury verdict? Which cases are those and what were the damages amounts?
Unique San Bernardino Litigation Data
Lex Machina allows users to filter by the following information in order to find the most relevant cases:
- Case Types – Contracts, Employment, Real Property, Torts (Vehicle), Torts (Non-Vehicle), Other Civil
- Case Tags – Collections, General Jurisdiction, Limited Jurisdiction, CRC 3.4 Complex
- Trial Damages – General Damages (Judgment on the Merits), General Damages (Jury Verdict), Attorneys’ Fees / Costs
- Trial Rulings – Bench Trial, Jury Verdict, Default Judgment, Consent Judgment, Other Judgment
- Trial Resolutions – Plaintiff Win, Defendant Win, Likely Settlement, Procedural