Legal Analytics for Georgia Courts
Lex Machina’s 26 Georgia state courts (the “Georgia Courts”) cover large swathes of the Atlanta and Savannah metropolitan areas, both of which are major commercial and cultural epicenters in which a combined total of over 6.5 million citizens reside and conduct business. These Georgia Courts are important venues for state court litigation, particularly for civil cases involving torts, contracts, property, and other civil matters. Lex Machina now provides Legal Analytics for civil cases filed in courts that serve the majority of the population of Georgia.
Lex Machina’s Legal Analytics for the Georgia Courts provides valuable data-driven insights and trends into the unique characteristics of this state court. The Georgia Courts incorporate notable features such as filters for trial rulings, trial resolutions, and trial damages. It also incorporates an extensive collection of case types and document tags, including document tags for jury verdicts, complaints, answers, judgments, and orders re: summary judgment. Additionally, litigators can now use our States filter to conduct state-wide searches and get quantified, state-specific insights about judges, courts, law firms, attorneys, and parties. The inclusion of these unique parameters enables users to find the most relevant information and analytics quickly and easily.
How We Work
Lex Machina gathers raw information from state court cases, including downloading millions of state court documents to present the most comprehensive and accurate data possible. We clean, tag, code, enhance, and present the resulting data in a way that makes it easy for you to quickly access insights and grasp trends that are relevant to the legal matter you’re working on.
How We Help
Whether you’re simply searching for a case or looking for more in-depth analytics, you can investigate a party’s litigation track record, assess a law firm’s experience in similar cases, observe patterns in judicial decisions, examine the range of damages awarded at trial or search docket entry text.
Advantages of state court analytics include:
- Understanding timing to key litigation milestones
- Analyzing the record of a specific judge, law firm, attorney, or party
- Reviewing previous trial resolutions, trial damages, and trial rulings for case strategy
- Refining with court-specific filters such as case types and case tags
- Keyword searching within docket entry text and downloaded documents
- Viewing analytics across all state courts or in one particular court
Lex Machina helps you answer questions such as:
- What is the median time to trial and time to termination for cases with Judge Sapp presiding?
- Has an opposing attorney ever appeared in a case before Judge Brantley? If so, how many cases were Torts cases, and did any go to trial?
- How many Contracts cases in Gwinnett County State Court had damages awarded by a jury verdict? Which cases are those and what were the damages in each case?
- Who are the most active law firms in Chatham County State Court representing defendants that have been involved in Torts cases over the past five years?
Unique Georgia Litigation Data
Lex Machina allows users to filter by information such as the following in order to find the most relevant cases:
- Document Tags – Order re: Summary Judgment, Jury Verdict, Initial Complaint, Answer, Judgment
- Trial Damages – General Damages (Judgment on the Merits), General Damages (Jury Verdict), Attorneys’ Fees / Costs
- Trial Rulings – Bench Trial, Jury Verdict, Consent Judgment, Default Judgment, Other Judgment
- Trial Resolutions – Plaintiff Win, Defendant Win, Likely Settlement, Procedural