Legal Analytics for Richmond County Supreme Court (Staten Island)
Richmond County Supreme Court (“Richmond County”) is a notable court and venue for state court litigation. Located in Staten Island, Richmond County serves a population of approximately half a million citizens. It is an important court for civil cases, particularly those involving torts, real property, and commercial matters. Lex Machina’s Legal Analytics for Richmond County provides valuable data-driven insights and trends into the unique characteristics of this state court.
The Richmond County state court module incorporates significant features such as filters for pre-RJI cases, post-RJI cases, and class action cases. It also incorporates an extensive collection of case types and document tags. The inclusion of these unique parameters enables users to find the most relevant information and analytics quickly and easily.
How We Work
Lex Machina gathers raw information from state court cases, including downloading millions of state court documents to present the most comprehensive and accurate data possible. We clean, tag, code, enhance, and present the resulting data in a way that makes it easy for you to quickly access insights and grasp trends that are relevant to the legal matter you’re working on.
How We Help
Whether you’re simply searching for a case or looking for more in-depth analytics, you can investigate a party’s litigation track record, assess a law firm’s experience in similar cases, observe patterns in judicial decisions, examine the range of damages awarded at trial or search docket entry text.
Advantages of state court analytics include:
- Understanding timing to key litigation milestones
- Analyzing the record of a specific judge, law firm, attorney, or party
- Reviewing previous trial resolutions, trial damages, and trial rulings for case strategy
- Refining with court-specific filters such as case types and case tags
- Keyword searching within docket entry text and downloaded documents
- Viewing analytics across all state courts or in one particular court
Lex Machina helps you answer questions such as:
- What is the median time to trial and time to termination for cases with Judge Dollard presiding?
- Has an opposing attorney ever appeared in a case before Judge Marrazzo? If so, how many were Class Action cases?
- How many Torts cases have been resolved by a jury verdict? How many were decided in favor of the plaintiff, and how many for the defendant?
- Who are the top parties involved in Commercial cases over the past five years?
Unique Richmond County Litigation Data
Lex Machina allows users to filter by the following information in order to find the most relevant cases:
- Case Types – Commercial, Real Property, Tax Certiorari, Torts, Employment / Labor Law, Emergency Applications re: Coronavirus, Other Matters, Special Proceedings
- Case Tags – Pre-RJI, Post-RJI, Class Action
- Document Tags – Complaint, Answer, Judgment, Jury Verdict, Request for Judicial Intervention, Notice of Entry, Note of Issue: With Jury, Note of Issue: Without Jury, Order re: Recusal
- Trial Damages – General Damages (Judgment on the Merits), General Damages (Jury Verdict), Attorneys’ Fees / Costs
- Trial Rulings – Bench Trial, Jury Verdict, Default Judgment, Other Judgment
- Trial Resolutions – Plaintiff Win, Defendant Win, Likely Settlement, Procedural