Legal Analytics for King County Superior Court
King County Superior Court is an important venue for state court litigation. King County is the most populous county in Washington State and the 12th most populous in the United States. It serves a population of over 2.2 million citizens and is the county seat of Seattle, the largest city in the Pacific Northwest. King County Superior Court (“King County”) is an important venue for civil cases involving contracts, torts, and other civil matters. Lex Machina’s Legal Analytics for King County provides valuable data-driven insights and trends into the unique characteristics of this state court.
The King County state court module incorporates notable features such as a filter for collections cases. It also incorporates an extensive collection of case types and document tags. The inclusion of these unique parameters enables users to find the most relevant information and analytics quickly and easily.
How We Work
Lex Machina gathers raw information from state court cases, including downloading millions of state court documents to present the most comprehensive and accurate data possible. We clean, tag, code, enhance, and present the resulting data in a way that makes it easy for you to quickly access insights and grasp trends that are relevant to the legal matter you’re working on.
How We Help
Whether you’re simply searching for a case or looking for more in-depth analytics, you can investigate a party’s litigation track record, assess a law firm’s experience in similar cases, observe patterns in judicial decisions, examine the range of damages awarded at trial or search docket entry text.
Advantages of state court analytics include:
- Understanding timing to key litigation milestones
- Analyzing the record of a specific judge, law firm, attorney, or party
- Reviewing previous trial resolutions, trial damages, and trial rulings for case strategy
- Refining with court-specific filters such as case types and case tags
- Keyword searching within docket entry text and downloaded documents
- Viewing analytics across all state courts or in one particular court
Lex Machina helps you answer questions such as:
- What is the median time to trial and time to termination for cases with Judge Shaffer presiding?
- Has an opposing attorney ever appeared in a case before Judge Parisien? If so, how many were Torts (Vehicle) cases, and did any go to trial?
- How many Contracts cases had damages awarded by a jury verdict? Which cases are those and what were the damages in each case?
- Who are the top law firms representing defendants that have been involved in Property Rights cases over the past five years?
Unique King County Litigation Data
Lex Machina allows users to filter by the following information in order to find the most relevant cases:
- Case Types – Appeal / Judicial Review, Asbestos, Contract / Commercial, Medical Malpractice, Property Rights, Torts (Non-Vehicle), Torts (Vehicle), Other Complaint / Petition
- Case Tags – Collections
- Document Tags – Jury Verdict, Complaint, Answer, Judgment
- Trial Damages – General Damages (Judgment on the Merits), General Damages (Jury Verdict), Attorneys’ Fees / Costs
- Trial Rulings – Bench Trial, Jury Verdict, Default Judgment, Other Judgment
- Trial Resolutions – Plaintiff Win, Defendant Win, Likely Settlement