The Lex Machina team has released state court analytics for 27 additional counties in Oregon, bringing comprehensive coverage to all 36 circuit courts in Oregon (the “Oregon Courts”). With the Oregon Courts, Lex Machina now includes over 300,000 civil cases filed in Oregon courts that serve the population of Oregon.
In addition, Motion Metrics is now available for all 36 Oregon Courts. These new analytics provide legal professionals with unparalleled access to motion grant rates, timing trends, the underlying orders, and much more.
Lex Machina provides valuable data-driven insights about judges, law firms, individual attorneys, and parties in state courts. The Oregon Courts incorporate notable features such as filters for trial rulings, trial resolutions, and trial damages. They also incorporate an extensive collection of case types and document tags, including document tags for jury verdicts, complaints, answers, judgments, and orders. Additionally, litigators can use our cross-court filters to conduct state-wide searches and get new quantified, multi-court analytics on judges, courts, law firms, attorneys, and parties.
The new Motion Metrics analytics provide data-driven insights to motion grant rates and timing by motion type, judges, and courts. Legal professionals can leverage these unique parameters to further derive insights to win more cases and more business.
With our new Oregon Courts module, you can quickly and efficiently answer questions such as:
- In Lane County Circuit Court, Marion County Circuit Court, and Deschutes County Circuit Court, how many court orders have been issued ruling on summary judgment motions? What was the grant rate of summary judgment motions over the same period of time?
- How many Medical Malpractice cases were filed against Willamette Valley Medical Center, LLC in Yamhill County Circuit Court since 2019?
- What was the median time to trial and time to termination for cases with Judge McHill presiding in Linn County Circuit Court?
- Has an opposing party ever appeared in a case before Judge Johnson in Douglas County Circuit Court? If so, how many cases were contracts cases, and did any involve awarded damages?
Lex Machina gathers raw information from state court cases, including downloading millions of state court documents, to present the most comprehensive and accurate data possible. Both new and existing Legal Analytics users will appreciate the easy-to-use interface that lets them access a wealth of new state court features including:
- Understanding timing to key litigation milestones
- Analyzing the record of a specific judge, law firm, attorney, or party
- Reviewing previous trial resolutions, trial damages, and trial rulings for case strategy
- Court-specific filters such as case types and case tags
- Keyword searching within docket entry text and downloaded documents, as well as across state courts
- Viewing analytics across all state courts or in one particular court
The Oregon Courts join the other state court modules already available on Lex Machina, comprising a current total of 84 state courts. The addition of the Oregon Courts adds over 300,000 civil court cases filed since January 2016 to Lex Machina’s state court database, bringing our total number of state court cases to over 4.4 million. We are proud to reach this important milestone in our state court journey.
Depending on your subscription, users can access the Oregon Courts data now.
To learn more, contact our sales team